Cinebanter

The official Web site of the Cinebanter movie podcast.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Really???

I just received word that the film Short Circuit is being re-made. Yes, you read that right: re-made.

After learning of this rumor, I immediately visited the trusted IMDB and sure enough, there it is, Short Circuit with a big fat "2008" next to it. Same writers as last time. No actors yet announced.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a sucker for cute 80s flicks. I've been known to quote Ferris Bueller and get a little tingle when I hear the chorus of St. Elmo's Fire, but this is out of control. There is no way that a 40-something Ally Sheedy will reprise her bubbly starring role and the Gute is happily Dancing With the Stars, so that rules him out too. I just have horrid visions of Miley Cyrus hijacking the lead role and breaking into an updated version of "Who's Johnny" by El DeBarge.

Have they really run out of fresh ideas to the point that they need to resurrect phone-book-reading robots named for numbers?

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can’t wait for the new Short Circuit. Johnny Five is the best! That Wall-e looks like a cheap rip-off… I also just got a copy of Short Circuit on Blu-Ray. The sound and picture quality is sooo amazing!!! It was like being a kid again and watching it for the first time in theaters.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Powered by Blogger

Follow Michael on Twitter

Follow Tassoula on Twitter

Follow Cinebanter on Twitter


Podcast directory

PodcastAlley.com Feeds

Save This Page to del.icio.us