Cinebanter

The official Web site of the Cinebanter movie podcast.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

SIFF Sighting: Live from the red carpet!

6:40 p.m. It's amazing that I made it out of there alive! The moment Stuart and Charlize took their stroll down the carpet, all of the friendly press pals became savages and threatened each other's survival. But being short has its advantages—I was able to scramble my way underneath other people's legs and get a few choice shots...which I will post in a few hours. All I can say is that if humanly possible, Charlize is better looking in person.

6:20 p.m. Things are getting very quiet inside, which probably means I should get myself outside to await the glorious red-carpet-arrival, so you may not hear from me for a bit. Don't want to miss that money shot!

6:15 p.m. Apparently many members of the esteemed Seattle film-snob community are unaware that if they have a ticket to tonight's film, they also have a ticket to the gala. Shame about the staff having to repeat themselves 458 times.

6:07 p.m. This place is buzzing like a chainsaw. I'm mildly enjoying watching all of the folks who expected to walk up and purchase a ticket for tonight's screening (which has long been sold out) be told that the only hope they have is a rush ticket, and the chances of getting one of those is next to nothing. CHARLIZE THERON is in town, folks. Come on.

5:55 p.m. I just took a lap around the red carpet and peeked into the VIP tent. It's filling up. There are a lot of hybrids pulling up with people in couture clothing getting spit out on the curb. You've gotta love Seattle.

5:42 p.m.
A big shout out to the SIFF publicity team who is treating us bloggers like gold. They couldn't be more accommodating and the space to work that they're allowing us is much appreciated (right now I'm inside the lovely air-conditioned SIFF Cinema at McCaw Hall). In a few more minutes I'll head back out to the carpet for the big arrivals.

5:03 p.m. Greetings from the opening night festivities at the 34th Annual Seattle International Film Festival!

I'm here in the press area watching all of the people-who-are-dressed-much-more-formally-than-me walk by and make a beeline for the red carpet. I just took a photo of a few of them who seemed to be important (but I have yet to learn why).

Oh, and about those photos...when I left my home this morning in the wee hours, I neglected to pack the cord that pulls the pictures from my camera and plants them onto my trusty laptop, so those will have to follow when I return home later tonight (the photo you're seeing right there is a stock photo from the film being made). I promise I'll post mine before I go to bed.

What's coming up in the meantime? Stuart Townsend, the director of BATTLE IN SEATTLE, which is the opening gala film AND his lovely partner Charlize Theron, who stars in the film.

Check back often for updates on their arrival!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Powered by Blogger

Follow Michael on Twitter

Follow Tassoula on Twitter

Follow Cinebanter on Twitter


Podcast directory

PodcastAlley.com Feeds

Save This Page to del.icio.us