Cinebanter

The official Web site of the Cinebanter movie podcast.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Academy Returns to "Golden Age" of Nominations

It was announced today that the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has expanded the number of nominees for Best Picture in the upcoming Oscar race, which will culminate March 7 in Los Angeles.

In the early years, there were 10 or sometimes 12 nominees, but for the past several decades there were only five.

I'm not sure how I feel about this shift, as it seems to me it could make nominees out of non-worthy films and make it more of a popularity contest. But I'll reserve judgment until I see the announcement of films on February 2.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Powered by Blogger

Follow Michael on Twitter

Follow Tassoula on Twitter

Follow Cinebanter on Twitter


Podcast directory

PodcastAlley.com Feeds

Save This Page to del.icio.us